SME Productivity Improvement Scheme
The Productivity Improvement Scheme seeks to provide SMEs with technical expertise to improve their internal value creation functions, thereby impacting on their overall competitiveness and sustainability.
Phase 1 of the scheme will consist of an audit of the internal functions and in-plant improvement proposals, while Phase 2 will consist of implementation of proposals to be closely monitored by SME Mauritius.
- – Encourage SMEs to improve internal processes
- – Improve the efficiency of input usage
- – Encourage cost efficiencies
- – Improve SMEs export capabilities and competitiveness
3.0 Expected Benefits
- – Improved efficiency of operations
- – More judicious management of inputs
- – Reduction of waste, delays, bottlenecks and downtime
- – Optimized functional value creation
- – Improved sustainability
4.0 Targeted Beneficiaries
SMEs should be registered with the SME Registration Unit and have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs 50m.
The beneficiary should have been in operation for at least two years. Enterprises engaged in pure trading activities will not be considered.
5.0 Scheme/Grant Provided
A grant of 20% of the cost of Productivity Improvement Program up to a maximum of Rs 50,000
- Foreign Expertise
- Capacity Building:
SME Employment Scheme
- Communication & Visibility:
- Green Energy Promotion:
Solar Photo-voltaic Rebate
- Inclusive Business:
Techno & Skills Transfer
- Access to Finance:
SME Development Certificate
Mentoring & Hand-holding